American Express Careers
VP-US Consumer Personal Loans
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Lending and Cobrands organization is currently hiring a Vice President – US Consumer Personal Loans who will lead product strategy and portfolio management for the US Personal Loans portfolio. This critical role will drive Personal Loans originations growth, product innovation, pricing optimization and customer experience enhancements to capitalize on the large opportunity that exists in the US lending space. This exciting role requires outstanding relationship management skills along with product and lending expertise to partner across multiple stakeholders and drive results.
- Lead product strategy and portfolio management for US Personal Loans business with a focus on driving prudent growth.
- Effectively partner with our cross-functional stakeholders including channel marketing teams, credit risk, finance, GCO, compliance, technology and other stakeholders to take core growth initiatives to market.
- Deliver on the Personal Loans product enhancement pipeline and continue to remove friction from the Personal Loans journey for our customers.
- Maintain an understanding of the current and future state of competition and the market to identify and act upon key opportunities and threats in a timely fashion.
- Lead a team of 10 high-performing product management, development and product marketing colleagues with a strong focus on engagement and development.
- Ideal candidate will be highly strategic with strong ability to influence, outstanding leadership skills, excellent communication, and project management skills:
- Leadership – strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop and inspire people and create highly effective and results-driven culture; change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Results Driven - Ability to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise
- Experience – Deep understanding of consumer lending space, lending economics and product management expertise
- Strong customer focus – the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Proven Thought Leadership – ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- MBA Preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2019, 9:15:16 AM