American Express Careers
Learning Delivery Manager
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) provides a full range of dynamic, evolving learning and performance solutions that enrich our employee’s skills and knowledge, powering customer engagement and driving business results at the right margin. We are a global team focused on enabling outstanding customer care through the on-boarding of our newest Customer Care Professionals and supporting on-the-job enrichment.
The Delivery manager will lead the day to day operations of the GSLN Delivery team. This position will be responsible for creating an engaging and inspiring environment in which our Learning Specialists can grow and develop and ensure our business partners’ training needs are being met through the delivery and evaluation of best in world training interventions. The successful incumbent will lead a talented pool of Learning Specialists who deliver end to end Customer Care Apprentice (CCA) training, cross-skill and up-skill learning interventions, driving and developing the Customer First ® ethos within every interaction. He/she will build business partnerships and work with our customers/business partners to ensure learning solutions drive business performance, utilize the proper resource allocation to ensure business needs are met, provide coaching, guidance and feedback to instruct professionals in a team environment, be responsible for hiring, developing, motivating and delivering performance evaluations to the Learning Specialists.
Additionally, he/she will have to measure the effectiveness of training and learning professionals through the use of statistical tools and reports to evaluate the success of individuals and training interventions and be expected to lead a staff of professionals in a constantly changing environment.
- Responsible for the coaching, development and motivation of a team of Learning Specialists that deliver training solutions, via multiple methods, to learners across business units in Global Services Group (GSG) in order to enable Customer First.
- Foster and manage relationships with business partners across geographies and businesses
- Ensure that the training programs are delivered effectively and achieve the desired business performance & metric(s)
- Collaborate with their GSLN colleagues to share best practices, provide “voice of learner” input into design and delivery strategic initiatives
- Remain abreast of industry trends and development in adult education, e-learning and technology supported training
- Hire and develop Learning Specialists in order to deliver outstanding performance results
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Has excellent people leader skills and experience in coaching and development of teams
- Has a passion for Learning & Development and proven experience in Training Delivery, Design and or OJT processes
- Has proven ability to develop, manage and leverage relationships, at multiple levels, in a global, virtual and matrixed environment
- Has excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Has strong ability to multi-task, influence and negotiate across markets and functions
- Has outstanding innovative thinking skills with demonstrated influence and collaboration skills to drive new ideas and change across the business
- Has strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Is results driven with a strong will to win and customer focus
- Is flexible and responsive to rapid change, strong ability to operate in a very dynamic environment.
- 3-5 years in a training delivery background preferred
- Is curious and future focused, seeks out evolving and innovative ways to add value to the business
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have full flexibility to work on 3 different time zones (Australia, UK and Canada)
The American Express competencies for this role are:
- Set the agenda – Define what winning looks like to their classes, whether New Hires or Tenured.
- Bring Others With You – Seek and Provide Coaching and Feedback.
- Do it the right way - Communicate Frequently, Candidly, and Clearly.
- Do it the right way – Live the Blue Box Values
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 12:05:33 AM