American Express Careers
- Creative strategic thinker complemented by sufficient business acumen, in order to advise and influence the most senior executives of a Fortune 100 company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential to ensure the success of this candidate. He/she will possess exceptional executive presence.
- Expertise in leading, influencing and building relationships across the organization at all levels is critical, particularly with senior business leaders and line executives.
- Exceptional problem solving skills (issue identification, problem structuring, analysis, development of actionable recommendations) in management consulting, as well as experience in leading implementation of recommendations.
- Strong understanding of and experience in driving change in large organizations.
- Ability and passion for leading, motivating, developing and coaching project teams as well as larger groups.
- An action oriented team player who is passionate, driven and has defined leadership qualities
- SPG is a talent engine for the company, the leader of which will create and develop exceptional individuals, who pull together and enjoy the process of attaining great results.
- Must understand the complexities of managing in a global matrixed organization.
- Sets extremely high standards for self and team. Enjoys the process of developing and nurturing talent.
- Strategic framing and communication, needs to be a strategist as well as an operator.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- First-rate strategic perception must be complemented by the problem solving skills necessary to drive tactical implementation.
- Able to spot trends, respond to competitive threats, and exploit strengths.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success of this role.
- Will be capable of conveying complex concepts in simple terms and of tailoring their presentation style to suit their audience.
- Must be able to work effectively at all levels. Will have the gravitas, charisma and knowledge to be credible in all business situations.
- Strong stature and presence. Must be highly credible both internally and with business partners.
- Capable of establishing new standards of performance by leading through example.
- Will bring a global perspective, ideally having lived or worked in multiple regions, with an understanding of large global organizations.
- Passionate individual able to demonstrate flexibility, quick on feet, strong, emotionally resilient.
- Self-aware, provided with certain sensitivity for situations and people, entrepreneurial spirit, but at the same time intolerant of complacency and mediocrity.
- Open, flexible, willing to learn. Thrives in a demanding and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Highly self-motivated and objective driven.
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Strongly performance orientated, will embrace autonomy and accountability for results.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 4, 2019, 9:50:05 AM