We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Global Transformation & Engineering Network (GTEN) team, to assist Project Management Office (PMO) activity within a large transformational initiative.
The role will primarily focus on the US market, but will be a part of a broader team in driving new and exciting omni-channel experiences and journeys for our customers. They will focus on coordinating cost, planning, resourcing, reporting, change management aspects of the project and overseeing the delivery of the project’s strategy and the associated project objectives.
As part of the Global Program and Governance team, the successful candidate will be required to:
• Represent GTN, Capabilities, Travel & Lifestyle Services, and Technologies groups in a PMO capacity.
• Support change in United States.
• Support the development of a global program management framework to enable clear oversight and consistency of approach across markets and functions.
• Develop and maintain stakeholder status reporting, weekly leader briefings and any other periodic reporting which may be required.
• Embed ‘Need for Speed’ principles across the program through the enablement of rapid and effective change management, risk assessment and escalation channels.
• Ensure “minimum quantity and maximum quality” of information passed between each project team and our key stakeholders.
• Foster open collaboration between the participant organizations and between markets throughout the program lifecycle.
• Provide support with Governance, Compliance, and Legal Entity bodies to ensure the program consistently adheres to all required legal and regulatory standards.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• Proven project management experience
• Experience of Agile, Prince 2, or similar would be of an advantage
• Project management skills, knowledge and experience of successfully leading projects throughout the end to end project lifecycle
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively with peers, stakeholders and customers
• Experience with establishing effective and concise communications and associated documentation
• Strong and proven organizational skills, ability to track to and drive deadlines and milestones in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to work in a rapidly changing, global working environment
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and utilize Change Management principles to drive results
"Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2019, 5:48:00 PM