American Express Careers
Senior Analyst - Product Development
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but also how that technology enables our people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Overview of the Department: The Salesforce team is part of the new Enterprise Platform Center of Excellence team at American Express to bring Product and Engineering teams together to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, transparency, and business value we ultimately deliver.
Key to our success has been our effective sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our field teams– a one-stop shop for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on to drive new prospects and retain and grow existing customers for the company.
Within the Enterprise Salesforce team sits the Program and Planning team responsible for our enterprise initiatives to transform core platforms while piloting and scaling new operating model best practices.
The Analyst position will support the strategic platform direction and coordination of synergies of across lines of business. This role will be responsible for driving efficiency across a $60MM portfolio and supporting the EP Salesforce strategy through articulation of the value that our collective platform solutions drive.
- Propose and help implement recommendations that will allow us to scale the platform from an intake, capacity planning, and solution governance perspective to ensure we’re defining and prioritizing the capabilities that solutions that will drive maximum value to our clients
- Synthesize and determine the best approach to intake and prioritization across all core platforms
- Drive collective methods and best practices around capacity planning to inform key program inquiries and decisions for leadership
- Determine Enterprise Platform Salesforce performance metrics to articulate program value
- Create and report on Net Promotor Score (NPS) tracking for EP Salesforce
- Create EP level reports and dashboards of intake and delivery execution for EP Salesforce platforms
- Support reporting on ROI to investment leadership in partnership
- Extrapolate meaningful insights from metrics as input for value articulation and future strategic objectives
- Assist in coordinating communications, escalations and resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to capacity constraints
- Use analytical skills and strategic perspective to identify trends & recommend solutions that will help improve the operating model
- Playing a key advisory role and liaison with the EP Platform strategy and PMO teams
- Support long range capacity planning in partnership with the Enterprise Program and Planning team
- Work very closely with the other members of this team and Product Owners in value articulation, intake priorities, and performance measurement
- Demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- Meticulous in the details but can also think big picture to drive synergies for EP Salesforce Program
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Adept at forming thoughtful and considered perspectives, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction
- Know and execute agile best practices and emerging trends for collaboration in a fast-paced product development environment
- Strong project management skills with proven record of successfully leading and implementing cross-functional initiatives and change management
- Experience in Agile practices and tech and business acumen with a customer-first mindset
- MBA a plus or 3+ years of experience in Strategy, Product Management or Product Development preferred
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Powerpoint and excel skills are a must
- Salesforce or CRM experience a plus
What is it about you?
- You are ambitious and a go-getter
- You make decisions with imperfect information
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure
- You are compelling in thought and execution
- You’re excellent at understanding and evaluating competing priorities
- You can build trust with and inspire the teams
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 6:35:31 AM