American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but also how that technology enables our people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Overview of the Department: The Salesforce team is part of the new Enterprise Platform Center of Excellence team at American Express to bring Product and Engineering teams together to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, transparency, and business value we ultimately deliver.
Key to our success has been our effective sales and account development organization – selling to new clients and helping grow business with existing clients. Salesforce.com is the platform that will drive enhanced productivity in our field teams– a one-stop shop for everything our field teams need to do, see and act-on to drive new prospects and retain and grow existing customers for the company.
Within the Enterprise Salesforce team sits the Program and Planning team responsible for our enterprise initiatives to transform core platforms while piloting and scaling new operating model best practices.
The new Manager position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and coordinating synergies across lines of business. This role will be responsible for driving efficiency across a $60MM portfolio and supporting the EP Salesforce strategy through articulation of the value that our collective platform solutions drive.
- Interact with customers to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve problems; support evaluation of new vendors and solutions
- Create and execute on EP communication strategy across organization to articulate value and progress
- Evaluate, prioritize and balance the highest impact capabilities for the Field organization and other key partners
- Own strategic relationships with key partners / stakeholders and use these relationships to uncover new opportunities
- Construct and manage executive decks for C-level execs to articulate our progress and strategies
- Support leadership in annual planning to inform organizational structure, roadmap priorities, and operating model enhancements
- Support workshops, new product vendors, brainstorms, test kitchens for the organization
- Scale all platforms with best in class standards and processes for communications, intake, capacity planning, solution governance
- Liaise with core enterprise teams including Strategy, PMO, other platform teams, and various lines of businesses
- Work very closely with the other members of this team and Product Owners in value articulation and performance measurement
- Own EP level roadmap to ensure it’s updated on cadence that is required
- Strategic, big-picture thinking with strong business acumen and high degree of creativity in identifying opportunities for products, services, new processes and systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment at all levels without authority
- Demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business
- Know and execute agile best practices and emerging trends for collaboration in a fast-paced product development environment
- Proven relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with business leaders and our own organization in order to devise solutions to complex business challenges
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
- Adept at forming thoughtful and considered perspectives, supported by both objective fact and strategic conviction
- Strong project management skills with proven record of successfully leading and implementing complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated people leadership skills and ability to foster and coach diverse teams
- Previous management consulting experience preferred
- A good balance of technical knowledge with agile ways of working and business acumen with a customer-first mindset
- MBA or equivalent preferred; 5+ years of experience in Strategy, Product Management or Product Development preferred
- Excellent story teller with superior PowerPoint presentation skills
- Demands and facilitates cross functional collaboration with product, engineering and partners to unlock new outcomes and drive efficiencies
- Salesforce or CRM experience a plus
What is it about you?
- You are ambitious and a go-getter to make things happen
- You’re a compelling storyteller and brilliant in articulation
- You make decisions with imperfect information
- You solve complex problems with proof points
- You operate optimally under extreme pressure
- You’re excellent at understanding and balancing competing priorities
- You’re able to juggle and manage diverse personalities in a dynamic environment
- You can build trust with and inspire the teams
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 6:29:43 AM