American Express Careers
Senior Manager Talent Strategy
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Enterprise Platforms: Building the platform for speed and innovation at American Express.
We are on a mission to dramatically improve speed to market, agility and efficiency at American Express by:
- Reimagining solution delivery with next gen product management, agile prioritization, and on-demand development;
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Delivering world-class software and seamless customer experiences.
Are you passionate about new technology and new ways of working? Do you like to solve complex problems and build productive partnerships? We are a newly formed team, responsible for our enterprise initiative to transform core platforms while piloting and scaling new software delivery models.
The Senior Manager, Talent Strategy will be a key player in people aspect of this transformation by:
- Developing and executing thoughtful talent strategies that drive sourcing, hiring, developing and retaining great talent.
- Drive organizational change and effectiveness initiatives that link people and technology to inspired outcomes.
As the Senior Manager, Talent Strategy you will:
- Develop the evolving approach and end-to-end execution plan for people related initiatives, including:
- Developing and facilitating organizational design and ongoing organizational effectiveness workshops.
- Defining the approach to assessing existing talent, conducting talent assessments and formulating talent recommendations for leadership.
- Working with senior leaders to understand talent needs, and building job profiles that will feed a broader recruiting strategy & pipeline.
- Working with senior leaders to understand employee upskilling needs and making recommendations that will fuel a broader training strategy.
- Define and implement an employee retention and mobility approach and plan for top Enterprise Platforms product & engineering talent.
- Create organizational transition change management and communication plans and manage execution of those plans.
- Collaborate effectively with partners such as Platform teams, HR, Tech, Communications and Finance by building key relationships to identify and manage dependencies.
- Challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively, and develop informed recommendations by using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, scenario modeling, business case development, workshop facilitation, process mapping.
- Manage outcomes by managing the details – sequencing and preparing for meetings and events thoughtfully to drive outcomes efficiently.
- Be a motivated, high-performing change agent.
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities.
- You have deep organizational effectiveness and/or change management background developed in previous roles in organizational design, organizational development, management consulting (in a People practice discipline), people strategy, and/or HR.
- You have a robust toolbox with a variety of methods to develop and execute strategy and change initiatives.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to understand your audience and build presentations to structure your message and effectively inform and persuade.
- You know how to get the best from large, cross-functional teams.
- You are resourceful and thrive in ambiguous situations where you’re challenged to think in structured ways in order to get at what’s meaningful.
- You know that true outcomes are not accidental, they are crafted with collaborative leadership, empathy, and deep focus on the details.
- You have our customers’ and your colleagues’ back – and an enterprise mindset in everything you do.
- Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management or equivalent; previous management consulting experience preferred.
- American Express is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 6:26:21 AM