American Express Careers
Sr Mgr - AP Automation, Product Management - Middle Market
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. The mission of the Global Product Management (GPM) team within GCS is to deliver a suite of payments solutions that make us the best choice for our customers. We achieve this by being customer and competitor obsessed, delivering market leading value, and creating great experiences for our products.
As our clients are changing the way they work and pay, we have been evolving with them by developing B2B partner-embedded and automated payment solutions so that we are seamlessly integrated into their ecosystem. The B2B Networks & Automation team is focused on building a new business model, key partnerships, value propositions, and go-to-market plans that will address all customer segments, from Small businesses to Large and Global clients, to create new opportunities for us to capture B2B spend through these ecosystem partners, such as AP Automation partners, Accounting and ERP software providers.
The Senior Manager, Product Management (Internal Go-to-Market) will report into the Director, Product Management, B2B Networks & AP Automation and drive go-to-market strategy and execution for partnerships with middle market accounting systems.
- Serve as general manager and P&L owner for automation partnerships focused on middle marketing accounting systems, responsible for hitting volume & revenue targets and managing day-to-day customer feedback & insights
- Define and execute go-to-market strategy for managed partnerships; and extend learnings to additional middle marketing AP solutions in portfolio
- Synthesize insights from customer visits, field ride-alongs, focus groups, competitive analysis, etc. to optimize customer experience
- Develop and execute broader sales effectiveness strategy across partners by collaborating with GCP Middle Market Sales & Account Development teams to scale managed partnerships
- Collaborate with partners in Global Product Development (GPD&O) to raise technical issues and prioritize development needs
- Work closely with Global Alliances team to drive prioritization within partners’ backlog.
- Track record of delivering results in product management, marketing and/or operations role
- Entrepreneurial spirit, thrives in fast-paced environment
- Bias for action, gets stuff done
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to change course quickly based on new insights
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bridges connections across stakeholder groups and considers multiple points of view
- Strong communication (written and verbal), comfortable presenting to senior audiences
- Positive, flexible and proactive – and sense of humor a must
The Senior Manager, Product Management can be based out of the American Express Headquarters. Will consider other virtual locations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 7:56:38 AM