Manager Business Development, Frankfurt am Main (m/f/d)
At American Express we recognize that our most valuable asset is our people. After all, it’s our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it’s our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world’s most respected service brand.
The Corporate Payments Business:
We are a truly global service provider offering corporate payment and expense management solutions throughout the world to some of the largest and most demanding corporate clients
Our customers include 63% of the Fortune Global 500 companies. Expense management is our core business
We invest heavily in our business and use our expertise and innovation to maintain our competitive leadership
Full managerial responsibility of a portfolio of top strategic (touristic) client relationships with a multimillion $ charge volume business
Manage performance of an OTA/tour-operator portfolio to meet/exceed results according goals & scorecard; drive regular reviews on client- and portfolio-level against scorecard and adjust priorities internal and with clients appropriately
Particular focus on portfolio growth and long term account strategy
Renegotiate independently global and regional account contracts & implement Pricing initiatives according latest standards/policies to close long-term contracts, grow business for Amex Blue Box
Identify opportunities to increase Charge Volume and drive profitability with particular focus on debt and risk management
Monitor & ensure health of operational servicing – trust in service departments, who will take ownership and solve
Support local, European and global payments initiatives & projects
Work closely with other Account Management team members, Marketing & Pricing to strengthen value proposition of Amex to retain and deepen relationship to clients
Establish close relationship to Merchant Acquisition and Account Management teams to realize charge volume increases and avoid decreases, especially within the airline industry
Regular & close alignment with all other Account Manager and Sales Teams as well as other lines of business
Broadening and deepening American Express senior contacts across the client’s organization with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers
Identify client needs with AXP products and services and sell appropriate value components to create greater customer engagement.
Expand the usage of Commercial Cards into non B2B commodities, Cross-sell and expand new products within client organization
Gain a clear understanding of our clients’ Procure–to-Pay processes and the ability to map our B2B payment vehicles into these processes
Strong collaboration with touristic IT suppliers to ensure reliable IT connections between customers and Amex payment solutions
The responsibilities include targeted metrics for:
Charge Volume Growth and Expansion
Client ProfitabilityThis role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Business administration university studies or similar degree
- Track record of at least five years in similar customer facing role within sales or account management
- A strong track record in managing complex, multinational or key account portfolios
- A solid and proven track of producing account and retention results in a team-oriented, sales/account/ relationship management environment
- Robust relationships within the German tour operator and OTA industry
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex ideas, both verbally and in written form, developing written communications for a variety of senior audiences within client and American Express.
- Strong negotiation skills and consultative sales skills
- Proven ability to drive innovation and change; think from client perspective
- Ability to balance Amex and client priorities to deliver results according scorecard
- Excellent understanding of client value proposition, procedures as well as of the industry and competitive environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify areas for improvement
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- A strong understanding of Procurement and Procure-to-Pay processes is desirable
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Growth and Challenger Mindset
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 3, 2019, 4:52:47 AM