American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets across all of these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business, and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all of its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
GMS Insights and Analytics team sits within the EDA organization but supports GMS for their advanced analytics needs, partners with GMS Sales Consultants to scope and execute high quality innovative custom consulting engagements. Depending on customer need, the project can vary in size and complexity.
Purpose of the Role:
This role is responsible for end to end execution of the project engagement from problem definition, data analysis/interpretation to develop the storyline with the insights/recommendations. The team aims to provide best in class analytics to support key GMS priorities by focusing on:
• Marketing targeting and segmentation of Small Merchants
• Creation of marketing triggers for small merchants
• Delivery and innovation on the Business Insights product for the large merchants
• Portfolio analysis, insights and reporting for large merchants
• Analysis and insights from marketing to AXP merchants
• Creation of analytics capabilities to support above business priorities
• Development of automation capabilities to deliver merchant analytics at scale
• Deliver end-to-end consulting projects for our global merchant base
• Develop next generation insights product solutions for merchants, at times in partnership with external partners
• Provide analytical thought leadership across the key functional priorities to develop advanced analytical products & execute custom engagements
• Lead new initiatives, prepare project plans and other supporting information, and provide project status
• Manage customer expectations including scope, schedule, changes, and problem resolution
• Lead, Mentor & Build a high performing and highly engaged team with diverse talent.
• Contribute to recruiting top talent for the team and for EDA
Critical Factors to Success:
• Good Understanding of payments industry & systems will be a plus.
Understand business economics and key macro-economic trends to generate insights for future merchant marketing campaigns
• Develop a test & learn framework to enable quick reaction to market response and to check marketing effectiveness from various marketing initiatives
• Create insights using relevant data, analytic logic and rigor to solve unstructured merchant segmentation/campaign related problem
Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
5+ Years Of Systems/Programming/Technical or Project Management Experience.
• An advanced degree in IT or Business would be preferred.
• Strong analytical, people leadership and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, Multitasking, and Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence partners.
• Excellent Communication, Collaboration, and Change Management skills.
• Exposure to any Programming languages (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python,VBA,R) and willingness to learn new tools & programming Languages.
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Experience in Big Data techniques (i.e. GBM, KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc) is a plus.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 1:09:23 AM