American Express Careers
Director Finance, Planning and Analytics
The Director of Planning and Analytics will lead a team responsible for performing analyses that span the GCS business in support of the President of GCS. He/she will work closely with GCS business partners and other Finance teams to drive insights which have a meaningful impact on GCS business strategy. He/she will also provide financial analysis and support to the GCS Strategic Planning and Business Transformation teams and serve as a liaison between GCS Finance and the DSCOE and Corporate Planning Decision Science teams.
- Lead GCS headquarters-level analyses, partnering with multiple teams to highlight and present key performance trends, drive analytics and recommend suggested actions
- Analyze long term implications of GCS business strategies including margin impact and influence changes to appropriately balance growth with profitability
- Develop and roll-out return on economic capital measure to enable GCS business leaders to more thoughtfully consider capital implications of planned business strategies
- Provide financial support to GCS Strategic Planning team including partnering on the development of key performance indicators to measure progress against long term strategic initiatives.
- Partner with Business Transformation (BT) team to identify and validate potential new business transformation initiatives and ensure consistent tracking of program benefits
- Partner with DSCOE team to provide qualitative/business insights into results and incorporate trend analysis into Outlook/Plan/LRP
- Develop presentation materials on analyses/monthly results to be shared in meetings with GCS leadership team
- Work closely with Corporate Planning Decision Science team to develop predictive analytics for forecasting/results analysis
- Lead competitive analysis and share relevant insights with GCS leadership team
- Self-starter, proactive business person in a finance role including solid business acumen, strategic thinking and broad vision of long term growth of the business
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and through presentations. Ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages
- Proven track record of managing / navigating matrixed set of stakeholders and highly collaborative
- Strong thought leadership skills including demonstrated ability to generate new ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to motivate, develop and promote talents of the team
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Card issuer experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- MBA or similar professional degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 8:14:46 PM