American Express Careers
Manager - Strategic Planning
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. This a newly created position in Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, and will be charged with incubating, nurturing and powering the US SME Business Financing space.
The Manager position within the DS&I organization offers the opportunity to act with a start-up mindset in a completely new environment. The Manager will work very closely with several cross-functional partners including US Acquisition and Client Group (USACG), EDA, SME Marketing and other key partners. The Manager will specifically focus on supporting Business Financing as a key thought partner charged with ensuring the broader organization’s ability to achieve success both strategically and tactically. In addition to these core responsibilities, the Manager will lead special projects that drive the GCS strategy forward.
- Focus on strategic thought leadership, including managing Business Financing Dedicated colleagues’ portfolios, targeting methodologies, ROEs and performance management strategy against business objectives
- Lead goal setting efforts from conception to roll-out at both a channel as well as individual level for phone based Business Financing acquisition teams
- Build strong relationships with key partners to understand business objectives and challenges in order to become a trusted thought partner
- Design and deliver insightful deep dive analyses to measure performance and support decision making at all levels
- Develop actionable insights through a deep understanding of the business and its data to ensure complex objectives are met within tight timelines
- Identify new strategic metrics to increase channel effectiveness
- Lead strategic initiatives from conception to implementation with the end goal of increasing the effectiveness of the sales team
- Support ad-hoc business analysis as requested by Leadership team
- Have a deep analytical mind but entrepreneurial attitude comfortable with fast failure and the ability to pivot quickly to new approaches to finding solutions
- Lead scorecard design process
- Act as a liaison and partner with numerous teams to drive innovation, identify and transfer best practices
- Ensure ROE are executed with a customer-first mindset
- Present and communicate performance results and business insights to multiple levels of business in a highly effective manner
- Proven track record showing an ability to create order, establish frameworks, and formulate guiding principles in a new, and often ambiguous, environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, relationship building across multiple levels and across cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker with an ability to proactively develop creative solutions to challenging business problems and ability to generate new ideas and business approaches
- Communication ability to interact effectively with business leaders and to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various levels within the organization
- Ability to transform complex needs from multiple stakeholders into clear, articulate strategies
- Keen attention to detail with deep quantitative and analytical skills and demonstrated capacity to solve problems and enhance reporting
- Proven track record highlighting analytical skills and identifying actionable insights
- Self-starter with ability to solve open ended business challenges
- Proven quantitative skill-set
- Strong work ethic with a will-to-win attitude, demonstrated personal excellence and fun!
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 4:42:49 PM