American Express Careers
Mgr-Compliance - Global Commercial Services
This position will be a key member of the American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) Line of Business Compliance Team (LOBCO). This role provides the opportunity to participate in providing oversight and guidance for the GCS product, and marketing team and will include focusing on Compliance risk assessments, provide regulatory guidance on GCS-owned policies and procedures, marketing claims and disclosures, training, and other business-owned collateral.
· The Compliance Officer will be the go-to lead for the Business, managing multiple products and projects, acting independently and making decisions representing the LOBCO team during interactions with Business partners.
· Drive implementation of policy and regulatory requirements in the areas of credit card practices, banking, privacy and other relevant federal, state and local regulations throughout marketing, servicing and product development.
· Provide guidance and support when the Business is developing new product claims and disclosures for marketing and advertising material.
· Assist in review of new and/or enhanced products and services as part of the New Product Development process to assess compliance risks and ensure adherence with regulatory requirements.
· Effectively manage the Bank’s Corrective Action process and policy to ensure timely closure of gaps and customer remediation where required.
· Participate in the annual Risk Assessment process to ensure that all applicable laws and regulations are mapped to the applicable business processes
· Assist with the preparation of the Annual Business Compliance plan.
· Liaise as required with the relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to: Internal Audit, internal Independent Compliance Testing team, General Counsel, Operational Risk, and Privacy Office.
· Collaborate with Business and GCO in reviewing new partner and existing vendor services prior to contractual engagement, including any modification with respect to the services performed or change in product and/or services as needed.
· Assist in development and enhancement of business self-testing associated with product features and benefits.
- Minimum 5- 7 years experience in Compliance or related activities, preferable within the financial services industry.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of compliance risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and control assessments.
- Proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise authority in a collaborative environment.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with management.
- Ability to identify and understand key risks, issues and trends and to develop meaningful information to be shared with leadership.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a highly deadline-intensive environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to consumer protection, privacy, and advertising, which include, but are not limited to: Consumer Protection & Fairness, UDAP and BSA.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 3:22:19 PM