American Express Careers
Director - Strategic Relationship Management
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Director - Strategic Relationship Management to perform in the Global network international business unit of American Express.
- Driving Business Results: accountability for delivering across all key business metrics, including NCA, attrition, billings, revenue, expense, net income and PTI.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and relationship expertise to develop new business opportunities and further grow our strategic and tenured relationships.
- Product and Platform Benefits Development: lead cross-functional efforts for new product development activities within the consumer and commercial card product arena, provide innovative thinking to support the development of the strategy for current or new partner banks.
- Portfolio Management: identify and drive implementation of portfolio optimization opportunities by partnering with internal areas and clients.
- Relationship: develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the partners or banks organizations, develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and ability to influence without direct authority, ability to successfully deliver results in a matrix organization, strong customer focus.
- Transformation: Provide strategic thought leadership and relationship expertise to develop new business opportunities and further grow our strategic relationships, create and sell a compelling value proposition and economic model to new partner banks in the market, continuously identify and develop new business growth opportunities.
- Support strategies and drive partner adherence to all operational, compliance, audits and customer experience requirements.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Native Portuguese (Brazil) speaker and fluent English.
- Minimum of 10 years prior strategic relationship management, business development or similar background in a relevant service environment.
- Proven relationship management skills demonstrating a comfort level and effectiveness in seeking out and establishing relationships at C-levels and within cross functional areas within large companies.
- Ability to effectively influence and manage change and drive results with strong leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, manage and integrate with cross-functional business partners worldwide.
- Profound background in contract negotiation and relationship management.
- Working experience with international leadership in an ever-changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Ambitious, resilient, entrepreneurial & self-driven personality.
- Display the highest personal integrity and ethics.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 12:05:44 PM