American Express Careers
Senior Manager Account Development, Small Medium Enterprise, Global Commercial Services
- Attract, develop and coach a high performing results oriented team to achieve results (~10+ direct reports who are telephone based Account Development Executives).
- Ability to improve direct reports financial fluency acumen to identify Working Capital opportunities, and to captivate C-level engagement by effectively articulating and quantifying our value proposition.
- Provide excellent people leadership and change management support while achieving high growth targets.
- Ensure various performance and productivity systems and tools are being utilized effectively to lead portfolio performance.
- Active participation with ADE and clients to identify Opportunities and close deals, while also acting as the primary escalation point on critical issues.
- Working with a sense of urgency to drive key scorecard & diagnostic performance metrics across the team of ADEs
- Strong probing, communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver a compelling return on investment (ROI) message. A true challenger who teaches new insights to differentiate American Express solutions, tailors messages for resonance and takes control of the buying process by clearly articulating the risk of not moving forward.
- Participation in strategic planning to craft the future direction for the group.
- Partner effectively with key support teams and business partners to achieve results.
- Strategize with business partners on portfolio campaigns. Consistently develop and execute upon vertical and competitive industry knowledge and new growth initiatives to increase billings. Work with the team and colleagues to implement and share best practices. (Project Management experience is an asset).
- Analyze portfolio and implement tactical strategies across the team to mitigate decline, retain & expand charge volume by gaining incremental B2B spend.
- Keep up-to-date on products, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in targeted industries.
- 2-3+ years people leadership experience in a complex, fast paced environment preferably leading a B2B telephone based team focused on Sales and Account Development.
- University/College graduate with combination of meaningful business experience.
- Ability to attract, coach and develop talent to deliver results and lead in a fast-growing focused organization.
- Strong analytical, financial and business acumen.
- Ability to lead and handle continuous and various degrees of change as well as experience driving results through motivation, inspiring vision and hands on leadership.
- Deep understanding of Commercial Card products and/or B2B payment solutions with demonstrated ability to engage with C-Level Executive clients and exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to effectively operate in a matrix environment – successfully partnering with key groups across the organization in an effective manner to execute strategies that drive results and to uncover product and process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to effectively lead a large portfolio of accounts and Charge Volume while maintaining a continuous healthy pipeline of growth opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 6, 2019, 2:14:40 PM