American Express Careers
Senior Product Manager, Consumer Lending
The Global Consumer Lending organization is focused on developing innovative products and evolving the portfolio in a way that transforms how American Express meets Cardmember borrowing needs in an ever-changing landscape. Offering Cardmembers enhanced flexibility to pay charges over time is a critical component to this transformation and a tremendous driver of profitability for American Express.
This Senior Product Manager will play an integral role in this payment flexibility evolution for the Global Consumer Lending business, helping to grow our share of lend through inspired product management and seamless program management. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and can leverage product expertise and a customer-first mindset toward ideating, developing and executing on an ambitious roadmap.
- Manage product roadmap and drive product strategy based on an intimate knowledge of the end consumer, business goals and technological feasibility.
- Lead development critical to product launches and on-going feature enhancements, including crafting and prioritizing features, managing the backlog, and partnering closely with engineers to groom, sprint plan and implement new capabilities.
- Plan and track multiple high-profile initiatives, including ensuring consistent share-out of strategy, project status and roadmaps with key partners.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to optimize customer experience and achieve business goals, including but not limited to Green/Gold/Platinum Card Teams, Technology, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, Risk, Pricing, Legal and Compliance.
- Leverage customer research, direct customer feedback, product data, and market analysis to inform feature refinement and iteration.
- Serve as an Agile product expert within Global Consumer Lending
- Product expert. You have experience ideating, defining and writing features in Rally or similar tool, prioritizing features based on clear methodology, and working in an Agile environment.
- Customer obsessed. You design compelling products that put consumer needs first and have an innate ability to perceive, assess and solve stakeholder requirements.
- Creative thinker. You thrive on problem-solving to come up with out-of-the-box solutions for customer challenges and can adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Excellent project manager. You have superior organizational skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to autonomously manage multiple initiatives in parallel and drive results.
- Compelling communicator. You have a strong professional presence and proven influence management skills that lend to effective communication with both tech and business partners.
- Relevant experience. You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in product management, preferably within lending, financial services and/or technology. Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 12:44:48 PM