American Express Careers
Lead Analyst, Issue Management
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The GCS Operational Excellence organization was created within Global Commercial Services (GCS) to serve as the first line of defense to strengthen the risk and compliance program. There are three pillars that comprise the GCS Operational Excellence organization, one of which is Issue Management.
This position is responsible for driving Organisational Risk Events and/or Corrective Action resolution for the Global Commercial Services organizations in a timely manner, with quality. This includes Event definition and scoping, Root Cause Analysis, Stopping Customer Impact, Remediating Customer Harm, Implementing Interim Risk Mitigation solutions, and implementing Control Enhancements.
- Project Analyst for Organisational Risk Events and/or Corrective Actions owned by Global Commercial Services.
- Identify business process owner and project team/stakeholders.
- Setup Kick-off Meeting and review Roles & Responsibilities with project team.
- Determine detailed root cause.
- Document Requirements & Obtain Sign-off.
- Document & Maintain Project Plan.
- Schedule and Facilitate project meetings.
- Provide weekly status updates, including the identification and escalation of risks and issues.
- Drive resolution of issues through cross-functional coordination and influence
- Meet key milestone timelines.
- Implement sustainable solutions and controls as part of the Control Enhancement phase to eliminate issue reoccurrence.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Demonstrated Strategic thinking ability and result/delivery oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability of collaboration, building and leveraging effective relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project management ability to drive projects to successful completion (on time, on budget, and high quality).
- Capable of applying critical thinking to solve problems in a structured way, and develop and/or implement solutions.
- A background in credit card processing systems is required. Knowledge of AML KYC, Sanctions policies and processes will be an added advantage.
- Ability to function well in a matrixed environment and influence without direct authority.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and meet tight deadlines, take initiative and act decisively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and unstructured problem solving.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to manage international risk events within a tight timeframe and excel in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Prior experience as Project Expeditor, Project Analyst or Project Manager would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of various application systems/platforms (Technology and/or Operations) would be an added advantage.
- Bachelor's Degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2019, 3:59:57 AM