American Express Careers
Analyst - Risk Management II
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. To maintain this success, the organization must accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives. The Analyst position within DS&I offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization and help GCS navigate towards sustainable growth.
Purpose of the Role:
This position reports to the Manager Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) US SME and focuses on creating monthly results presentations, analyzing performance trends and making strategic recommendations across US SME groups to drive business performance and influence business objectives. The role focuses on providing insightful and analytical recommendations to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The incumbent will also get opportunities to work on multiple projects meant to streamline performance
• Extract and synthesize data for US SME for insights generation and find trends which are affecting business performance.
• Work closely with multiple teams across Enterprise to fully understand data and analytical requirements and produce results as per the requirement.
• Develop standard offerings to present and communicate monthly performance results and findings to multiple levels of business in an effective manner.
Critical Factors to Success:
Champion data driven decision making and actively collaborate with business partners in order to assess, analyze and optimize business performance through key performance indicators
• Deliver insightful deep dive analysis to support decision making at all levels and highlight specific trends.
3+ years of work experience in Analytics
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering or related fields; Masters Degree (preferred) in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering Or related fields
• Focused executor who can set and meet realistic deadlines.
• Excellent communicator with the ability to understand the audience needs
• Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and engage in structured thinking in order derive meaningful, data-driven insights
• Positive attitude, a proactive mindset, and comfortable with both agility and working through ambiguity.
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of scripting software's like Python/Hive/R
• Ability to handle large and complex datasets
• Knowledge of Quantitative and Qualitative research methods and how they complement each other.
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Big Data
• Business Intelligence Tools : Tableau (preferred)
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 2:23:25 AM