American Express Careers
Sr. Financial Analyst - GCS Funding Strategy
- Support a comprehensive program execution strategy for the Project including governance, stakeholder management and milestone risk mitigation
- Be part of a larger team that will act as key point of contact for cross-functional working teams that are engaged in implementing various aspects of Project Oculus including Risk, Technologies, GCS On-Boarding / Field / Product Development & Marketing teams, Compliance, Operational Excellence and other Business and Finance partners across AXP
- Support as the GCS SME, various stakeholders outside GCS by understanding business requirements through collaboration and on the job learning. Monitor and govern progress across various Foundational efforts that need to occur prior to the Oculus asset transfers / migrations
- Prepare & deliver periodic program status reports (functional & working group dashboards). Clearly communicate progress within the working teams including reporting on milestone progress and maintaining RAID logs of items. Ensure program budget and expenses are tracked by implementing processes to drive transparency and timely availability of reports to leadership
- Drive clear accountability & escalation paths across working teams and raise key issues/ decisions to the leadership for resolution; work closely with consultants to support critical work streams and learn-on-the-job
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter capable of leading / supporting the governance of a complex and high-profile initiative
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with evolving business requirements; ability to manage multiple tasks effectively by progressing work in parallel and ensure that speed is balanced with quality; demonstrate control mindset
- Inquisitive nature with a demonstrated ability to build ‘results driving’ relationships with proven ability to influence without authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to storyboard presentations and structure compelling narratives
- A background in corporate finance, capital management, and bank governance is a plus.
- Contribute to driving a team culture which brings together diverse skillsets, encourages creative thinking, challenges the status quo and nurtures an environment of collaboration and informed decision making.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 7, 2019, 9:39:19 AM