American Express Careers
Director, Digital Product Analytics & Insights
Global Merchant Services is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with local markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
In Global Merchant Interactive, we do this by providing the digital tools, insights and support to help Merchants of all sizes manage every aspect of their American Express relationship securely and efficiently in order to foster business growth and encourage warm and welcome acceptance.
Within Global Merchant Interactive, we are looking for a Director, Digital Product Insights and Analytics to lead a team of product analysts and managers and develop a culture of data-driven decision making. This role offers a unique combination of analytics and user research to solve strategic customer and business problems using data.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and will be able to combine deep knowledge of sophisticated analytics with effective storytelling, strong people development, and the ability to influence and partner cross-functionally.
- Lead team of 5 high performing colleagues, including responsibility for their professional development and growth opportunities.
- Advance the Merchant Interactive product roadmap by tracking performance data to extrapolate trends and make strategic recommendations.
- Drive product adoption and engagement through deep understanding of merchant needs and behaviors.
- Own and develop product measurement capabilities for reporting and scorecard tracking by working closely with product owners and tech partners.
- Represent the voice of the customer by designing and leading UXR for Merchant Interactive.
- Proven track record of driving results and measurable outcomes across multiple projects in a highly matrixed organization.
- History of strong people leadership, effectively managing, engaging and developing talent.
- Winning attitude that motivates and develops direct reports.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, HIVE/Python, web analytics highly preferred.
- BA/BS degree required; focus in quantitative fields such as: economics, computer science, statistics, finance, or accounting is highly preferred
- Master/advanced degree is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2019, 3:33:54 PM