American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Supplier Payments Strategic Partnerships, Global Commercial Services
The commercial banking, payments and lending landscape is rapidly evolving with new entrants coming to market with innovative offerings based on new business models. As part of the Global Commercial Service (GCS) strategy, we are focused on growing Strategic Partnerships to help us maximize our ability to take advantage of new opportunities in the marketplace and help us to diversify our business.
More recently, there has been significant progress in developing a sustainable supplier payments business in GCS and the team has led innovative initiatives such as launching Credit Insurance in Europe, evolving our pricing strategy and expanding our product footprint across the region.
As Senior Manager of the Supplier Payments Strategic Partnerships team, you will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the Credit Insurance program for GCS in Canada, Mexico and GDC. This role will be the point of contact for leadership in international markets and will be required to socialize the concept and problem solve any challenges that arise during the project.
You will be required to work closely with all relevant key stakeholders such as Risk, Finance, Pricing, GCS Field, GMS, GSN, DS&I, Marketing, and Product Management.
• Managing complex commercial negotiations with various insurers
• Developing a go to market plan including training and socializing the initiative across the GCS Canada, Mexico and GDC Field organization
• Ensuring that insurer requirements are implemented in risk processes and decision points throughout the customer lifecycle (acquisition, customer management and collections). This will include working with colleagues throughout Canada, Mexico and GDC to ensure market specific requirements are captured
• Leading the evolution of the program to cater to specific market needs
• Develop and maintain portfolio reporting for the markets. This will include analysis to understand the drivers of financial performance and identify future opportunities
• Ongoing management and development for an assistant manager of Supplier Payments Strategic Partnerships
• Track record of implementing process related projects across diverse teams and markets
• Quantitative skills with the ability to download/manipulate data and interpret results to deliver thought leadership and insightful analysis
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong relationship building skills
• Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
• Self-starters, ideally with experience working with external vendors and managing those relationships
• Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others
• Strong customer focus and sales spirit
• Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure
• Flexible and adaptable to work in a high-paced growth environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2019, 8:37:27 AM