American Express Careers
Business Analyst/Assistant Manager - International Consumer Services
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The position is in ICS New accounts strategy team. ICS new accounts team works in managing the new accounts strategy for international markets by trying to profitably grow the Consumer portfolio.
Purpose of the Role:
The incumbent will be primarily responsible for working towards capabilities initiatives New Accounts underwriting for ICS markets.
The primary responsiblities includes:
- Creating expertise in internal amex systems as well as new data sources to guide business partners on creating new processes, new external integrations for better risk dscrimination in new accounts undernderwriting.
- Work with Global onboarding and orchestration teams (GO2) for provinding risk requirements for new market roll outs.
- developing profitable New Account Underwriting Strategies for International Markets.
- contributing to the overall New Accounts underwriting optimization partnering with multiple business partners to develop and implement underwriting strategies for new products.
- Driving billing, revenue growth and profitability through diverse analytical projects spanning across Underwriting principles
- Exploration of new Information sources to improve our risk discrimination and / or improve our economics over and above existing framework
Critical Factors to Success:
- Provide strong thought leadership while working with business partners across the globe.
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to solving both practical and theoretical problems.
- Drive billing, revenue growth and profitability through exploring usage of external data sources and its usage in new accounts.
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability in a dynamic environment, and ability to reinvent processes and infrastructure.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings.
0-3 Years of relevant/related work experience with consistent track record of strong performance.
MBA, Master’s degree In Economics, Statistics or related fields from a reputed institute, Master's degree from IITs.
- Proficiency with programming In SAS/SQL.
- Knowledge of Big Data / Machine learning algorithms would be required
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, manage and integrate with cross-functional business partners worldwide.
- Winning attitude and ability to have fun
Knowledge of Platforms:
Big Data – Cornerstone
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 2:47:05 AM