American Express Careers
Senior Quality Engineer
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer and Senior Quality Engineer with test strategy, management and automation experience to join our team in India.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough.
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. They strive for the highest levels of quality and the most efficient methods to achieve it.
They are experts in testing strategies, tooling, and execution.
This position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form working relationships quickly and add value by introducing best test practices and techniques learned elsewhere.
Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our Card Members. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Big Data & Marketing Technologies focused on delivering the next generation global marketing capabilities. This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging transformational technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig & Java, to deliver world-class innovative solutions to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth. This young team has delivered class leading products with many firsts in the organization including the first Member Rewards (MR) Personalization in the enterprise. Today we support 21+ channels and support content across Card, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a single Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product.
As a Senior Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Develop Test Strategies, Plans and Execution Artifacts with internal and external partners.
- Build and leverage a deep understanding of the products and technology assets being tested to ensure optimal test coverage.
- Lead a team of QA Engineers to build a high performing team, bring consistency to approaches and artifacts, and execute efficiently across initiatives. Maintain test data and environments
- Partner with application architects and environment operations on test infrastructure design.
- Create, review and execute test cases at various quality assurance levels: Systems Integration, Partner Integration, Regression, and Performance.
- Work with software, infrastructure and QA engineers to deliver target code quality.
- Work with Product Owners and Release Train Engineers to review test scenarios, validate test results and maintain documentation.
- Design quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement.
- Provide guidance to engineering teams including driving improvements in automation and testing in a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) environment.
- Review requirements specifications for defects, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security.
- Monitor and track resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers in order to prevent, report, and resolve the issues.
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing.
- Testing and automating REST API services.
- Designing and developing testing infrastructure and executing automation scripts on a scheduled basis for Big Data Platforms with understanding of Big Data programming models
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading team of QA Engineers and working offshore teams
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experienced knowledge of platform delivery methodology (Agile, incl Scrum, SAFe, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Waterfall)
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: HP Quality Center, Selenium; Unified Functional Test (UFT aka QTP), orchestrators such as XL Release; Puppet or Chef.
- Working knowledge of test data management tools.
- Ability to work with a number of Quality scanning tools, be able to baseline and measure on-going quality metrics, and display via Dashboards and to interpret the data to drive the changes needed
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
- Strong technical experience working one of more of the following areas : Distributed computing, programming in a number of languages (i.e. Python, Java, Perl, Bash etc)
- Strong exposure to Big Data technologies HBase, Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT and service virtualization.
- Leadership qualities, professional presence, extremely strong communication skills and ability to influence without direct authority.
- Experience in Machine Learning based application testing is preferable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 3:25:08 AM