American Express Careers
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer and Senior Quality Engineer with test strategy, management and automation experience to join our team in India.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough.
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a relentless pursuit of perfection. They strive for the highest levels of quality and the most efficient methods to achieve it.
They are experts in testing strategies, tooling, and execution.
This position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form working relationships quickly and add value by introducing best test practices and techniques learned elsewhere.
Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our Card Members. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise Big Data & Marketing Technologies focused on delivering the next generation global marketing capabilities. This team is responsible for Global Customer Marketing Personalization products which including batch/real-time analytical, machine learning and modeling solutions leveraging transformational technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig & Java, to deliver world-class innovative solutions to provide highly personalized member journey to drive profitable growth. This young team has delivered class leading products with many firsts in the organization including the first Member Rewards (MR) Personalization in the enterprise. Today we support 21+ channels and support content across Card, Merchant & MR offers and are expanding rapidly with a focus on building a single Global Customer Marketing Personalization Product.
As a Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Works with scrum teams to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing, test code review, etc.
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software.
- Proactive involvement in the reviewing user stories/specifications for weaknesses in function, security, performance, scalability, testability, and usability aspects and provides recommendations.
- Responsible for developing test cases and thrive for 100% test automation to meet testing of business requirements.
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with scrum teams in order to prevent, report, and resolve them.
- Designs, monitors, and analyzes test results and provide quality metrics such as KPIs, defect counts, etc.
- Identify opportunities to drive innovation and manage product development needs within a fast paced, agile environment
- 3+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, performance tests, and managing defects.
- Experience in test automation of RESTful APIs, Web application is a must.
- Technical experience in working one of more of the following areas : Distributed computing, programming in a number of languages (i.e. Python, Java, Perl, Bash etc)
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Exposure to tools like Maven, GIT, Junit/TestNG, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins is a must.
- Preferable exposure to Big Data technologies HBase, Hive, Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with Agile other rapid application development methods is preferred.
- Core knowledge of one or more of the following tools is required: HP Quality Center, Selenium; Unified Functional Test (UFT aka QTP), orchestrators such as XL Release; Puppet or Chef.
- Experienced knowledge of continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD) and continuous testing (CT) capabilities, including tools such as Jenkins, Rally and/or JIRA, version control such as GIT and service virtualization.
- Any of the following test certifications – CISSP, QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in any of the engineering disciplines, or other Technical disciplines, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 3:32:47 AM