Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
It takes exceptional people to create exceptional products.
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and solution teams to shape the products of the future.
If that fits your career vision, look no further.
The product of great thinking.
As a key link in the product development process no two days here will be the same, but there are some things you can count on doing:
- Work with customers, key team members, and partners to define a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive standard methodologies into product roadmap and requirements
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to determine product performance
- Work closely with the UX and technology teams to develop, test and deliver defined capabilities with a Go-to-market plan
- Translate product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/epics/user stories and acceptance criteria
- Launch new capabilities / product while and constantly collect and integrate user feedback to enhance your product
Joining the American Express Digital Workplace team as a Group Product Manager in the Collaboration Tools space:
- You will be part of a cool & fun team to reimagine and build world-class collaboration experiences in our Digital Workplace
- You will get to empower our colleagues with exceptional technology by managing a number of products which includes the Enterprise Search product that will improve productivity and finding user journey
- You will work with other product and service owners within the team to oversee and up our game in product management to deliver the best colleague experience to attract and retain the best talents
- As part of the strategic team, you constantly collaborate with business leaders and other product owners and our lead UX designer to manage a portfolio of products in the collaboration space which includes our social intranet, AI assistant, MS SharePoint, o365 power platforms and more
- You build a set of Product Visions, drive Product Roadmap, prioritize the solution team's sprint backlog, participate actively in all phases of the iteration process, and are responsible for product decisions, release planning and leading designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and supporting technology assets
Are you ready to be at the center of it all?
- Please include any education requirements, such as certifications, undergraduate or master degrees
- 7+ years of experience in Product Management
- Proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Experience in Design Thinking. Demonstrated ability to build products that truly scratch user needs by driving user research and incorporating consistent user feedback into product enhancements. Collaborating with User Experience lead to facilitate workshops to create experience maps and service blueprints
- Experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies (Scrum/SAFe)
- Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent required; advanced degree preferred
- Industry experience in the Digital Workplace (End User Computing) Collaboration space including but not limited to: Team Collaboration tools, Enterprise Social, Enterprise Search, Digital Assistant, Business Intelligence
At the core of Product Management
Every member of our team demonstrates the following technical, functional, leadership and business strengths, including:
- Design Thinking / User-centered mindset
- Agile Practices (Scrum & SAFe)
- New Technologies in the collaboration space
- Business Analysis
- Adaptive Communication
- Strategy Formulation
- Business Case Development
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 2:55:02 PM