American Express Careers
Director Security Capabilities Operations & Third Party Hosting
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Mainframe Systems is responsible for enterprise technology infrastructure including Mainframe, Middleware & Enterprise Utilities, Security Capabilities Operations and Third Party Hosting and Database Operations.
- Provide strong leadership to a geographically dispersed team of engineers and service delivery managers by establishing clear direction, a productive culture, and measurable goals in pursuit of the overall organizational strategy and roadmap.
- Drive systems impact restoration and root cause analysis. Continuously improve automated remediation tasks to ensure the highest levels of availability.
- Continuously identify all single points of failures across the technology stack of multiple security applications.
- Drive operating model transformation to ensure optimal balance is maintained between Amex colleagues and vendor partner resources.
- Drive end to end Performance Engineering, Capacity Management, Chaos Testing to ensure high availability and resiliency.
- Conceptualize and implement Artificial Intelligence driven Site Reliability Engineering.
- Framework/Components to improve predictive monitoring and driving team’s journey towards “Robotics First” approach.
- Research latest technology, concepts and solutions that will improve resiliency and performance of the production infrastructure. Drive and implement innovative solution/framework that will improve software engineering velocity, infrastructure resiliency and availability.
- Ensure third party hosted applications compliance with defined standards.
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant professional security certification like CISSP, CEH preferred.
- 5 + years of hands-on experience in exclusively managing high availability systems operations.
- Broad Technical field exposure, with preference to following skills: Cloud Infrastructure, VM, load balancing, containers, Kubernetes, JVM’s, web servers, application debugging, queuing technologies, Caching technologies, databases, routing and switching etc.
- Experience in designing mission critical highly available enterprise applications.
- Hands on experience of transforming operating model of large geographically dispersed 24X7 operations team. Track record of innovation, results, and ability to collaborate and affect change across functions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well in a diverse team-focused environment.
- Ability to interpret technical and outage information and communicate updates to senior leaders
- Strategy development and strong technical leadership experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience with teams of 20 people or more.
- Experience with Splunk and/or ELK.
- Understanding of using Agile Practices in Operations teams.
- Knowledge of and experience in DevOps methods and principles.
- Ability to design, implement, and operate processes and methodologies in a manner that effectively supports standard compliance objectives.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2019, 12:09:27 PM