Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a great opportunity to join the Enterprise Big Data & Customer Engagement Technology organization (EDCE) within American Express. This organization is agile, innovative, highly skilled, harnessing the power of Big Data in shaping technology roadmaps and revolutionizing product offerings and capabilities and provide support across all line of business (LOBs).
We are looking for energetic, high-performing, and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. This role will be part of the Merchant Data team within the EDCE organization. The Merchant Data team is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team with a key focus on providing the highest quality merchant data across the enterprise by leveraging the best technology and data sources and maximizing process efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is experienced in the development, automation and deployment of software solutions in the Big Data environment, with strong focus on machine learning algorithm, API design and user experience, along with Cloud integration. Knowledge and experience with American Express merchant data details and processing is required. You will be expected to come up with innovative and efficient solutions leveraging existing and emerging technologies for use cases across multiple business units. You will work very closely with the Business and will integrate with multiple Technology teams across the enterprise.
- Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Lead code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
- Empower teams to automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
- Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing innovative ideas
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide team members to success within the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods and tools preferably Agile Scrum and Kanban and SAFE Agile plus Agile Tools like Rally
- Knowledge and experience with American Express merchant data details and processing specifically merchant demographic data
- Have worked with more than 2 business units. Experience working with multiple business units at a time a plus.
- 7+ years of wide breath of engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing, and production support in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
o Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers
o Experience with open API development, and SOA concepts
o Experience with GUI development and management
o Experience with web services, Cloud integration and development
o Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools (e.g. Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Python, Spark, Spring Boot, Elasticsearch, etc.)
o Experience with production level execution of machine learning techniques and algorithm such as GBM, Clustering, Random Forest, etc.
o Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and relational databases
o Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools
o Experience with Dev Ops automated testing tools such Sonarqube,Jenkins, JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.
o Production support experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 12:12:15 AM