American Express Careers
Director - International Digital Media Analytics
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With a focus on digitization, innovation, and analytics, the Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) team creates central, scalable platforms and customer experiences to help markets for all these priorities. Charter is to drive scale for the business and accelerate innovation for both immediate impact as well as long-term transformation of our business. A unique aspect of EDA is the integration of diverse skills across all its remit. EDA has a very broad range of responsibilities, resulting in a broad range of initiatives around the world.
Purpose of the Role:
This role will be part of the Digital Acquisition Analytics team in American Express. This team has specific responsibility for Social Media and Display Media analytics that support the International Card Business in JAPA and EMEA region. This role will lead a team responsible for driving enhanced scale and efficiency of our digital display advertising. This role requires a strong background in digital technology and analytics trends and exceptional quantitative and problem solving skills.
Specifically the role will be responsible for:
• Create digital audience valuation methodology
• Design and maintain campaign performance data
Ideate on enriched measurement solutions for Media.
• Collaborate with channel management to execute and analyze A/B and MVT tests
• Participate in design and development of end to end computational and statistical solutions
• Apply industry-proven or develop new, customized models, algorithms, or computational methods to support business solutions
• Perform ad-hoc exploratory statistical and data mining analytics
• Present results of complex analytic problems to business, non-technical audience
Critical Factors to Success:
• Enhance Marketing processes and leverage data insights to improve campaign performance
• Realize Business Benefit using below metrics-Process Efficiency and cost optimization ,New Accounts Acquired (NAA)/Build Business Acquired (BBA)-Vintage (V)/Average Daily Balance ,Attrition Rates
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers,partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
•Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• Analytics & Insights & Targeting
Hive, Python , SAS, SQL, Advanced Statistical Techniques ,Data mining Techniques
•Digital Product Management ,
A/B testing , Multivariate(MVT) testing
Knowledge of Digital Channels & Products
Preferred: Social & Sentiment Analytics
Display analytics ecosystem and social media marketing
Platforms Hadoop ,Big Data ,Cornerstone
Knowledge or experience on Digital Marketing platforms ,like Google adwords, Facebook
Understanding of Amex products, and capabilities and ability to think outside the box and openly share insights and new ideas
• Understanding of Amex data platforms and ability to quickly and efficiently integrate appropriate data sources into analyses and initiatives
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors:
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You:
Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way:
Communicate Frequently, Candidly & learly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
• High quality written and oral communication skills with proven success of influencing business decisions and driving results
• Clear focus on internal and external customers, will to win in the marketplace, and personal accountability to produce best in class work within their team.
• Rigorous and compassionate people leadership orientation with an ability to develop followership and help define and support development paths for their team members
Minimum 7-8 years of experience in Marketing Analytics domain.
Preferred: Experience in display analytics ecosystem and social media marketing
• An advanced degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Statistics, etc.) or an MBA with demonstrated ability to effectively apply statistical techniques to evaluate business decisions and outcomes is preferred – Candidates with successful experience managing analytical resources with proven problem solving and analytical skills will be considered
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 1:52:19 AM