American Express Careers
Delivery Leader-Regulatory Data Sourcing
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position is part of a team that manages the data sourcing and analysis activities for the Regulatory Reporting Delivery program within the Strategic Enablement & Governance (SEG) group. The primary responsibility for this role is to provide data and analytics support across the team by executing robust data profiling, data extraction and data analysis processes. The person will primarily be responsible for conducting exploratory data analysis, data profiling and identifying data patterns that provide more detailed scenarios for implementations and reduce testing defects. This will include, but not limited to, researching out of pattern items, data anomalies and working within the broader data management organizations, technologies and governance organization to drive resolution of the anomalies. The incumbent will also be responsible for designing innovative data management policies in addition to creating and managing test plans, creating testing procedures and test scripts, and executing testing to identify issues and driving resolution.
• Perform data profiling to evaluate and compare data from different sources to draw conclusions on data mappings, data value transformations and data issues
• Working with the team members in execution of regular profiling activities, and driving evaluation and research of anomalies
• Assist the broader team in creating design documents and Source2Target mappings for the development teams to implement
• Creating test plans, test scripts, and executing testing to analyze data and transformation issues, and driving resolution working with technology teams
• Partner with Data Governance and Regulatory Assurance organizations to prioritize and drive governance issues to a logical conclusion
• Recommend enhancements to existing source to target data mappings and data transformation rules to enrich existing sourcing solutions
• Working within an Agile setting to drive implementations
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, minor in Information/Data Management preferred
• 5-8 years of industry experience with 2-3 years of core focus in Banking, Credit Card Life Cycle, Financial Instruments or Treasury areas with exposure to Data Warehousing, Data Management, and other data related projects
• Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and data management concepts; advanced knowledge of SQL
• Basic understanding of Agile methodology and delivery concepts
• Basic understanding of Big Data environments (unstructured, structured) and related technologies (e.g., ELT, Machine Learning).
• Candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong relationship skills
• Demonstrated ability to promote and drive change to further improve processes to be more efficient and effective
• Demonstrated process thinking and must be detail oriented
• Proven collaboration/relationship skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-motivated, proactive, and dedicated to the delivery of high quality service to consistently exceeds customers’ expectations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 5:25:36 AM