American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Brand & Trade Strategy
Global Merchant & Network Services is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMNS is responsible for partnering with global markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMNS to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness.
This position on the U.S. Merchant Marketing team is an exciting opportunity to lead a critical work stream to improve American Express brand perception amongst merchants and payment space professionals such as acquirers, sales agents, & payment facilitators to name a few. The successful candidate will be able to develop and execute against a plan to articulate American Express brand value to these key audiences for the business. Primary channels for marketing communications include industry trade events targeting sales professionals, partner pitch decks, training programs, and trade media. This critical role on the team will also help support the needs of our business development team in communicating our brand value to external partners through the development of new brand content.
- Continue to refine and shape the American Express value story & brand strategy for merchants, sales professionals, and merchant acquiring partners
- Enhance the American Express brand among acquiring partners and sales professionals through the creation of finance & business-focused content
- Partner with the business development team to create training content & branded networking events at key industry trade events throughout the year
- Partner with Global Advertising & Brand Management to help elevate and integrate the American Express brand strategy across U.S. Merchant Marketing communications
- Maintain an external perspective to help serve as the subject matter expert on the payment & acquiring landscape
- 3-5+ yrs marketing experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated strategic and thought leadership skills
- Sales and/or brand strategy experience preferred
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to develop new opportunities from white space
- Excellent relationship skills with an ability to navigate a matrix organization and leverage networks
- Demonstrated curiosity for payment space with a focus on external trends and insights
- Proficient communicator with an ability to influence at various levels
- Ability to drive results with attention to detail and move projects forward with little supervision
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2019, 3:12:09 PM