American Express Careers
Assistant Product Manager - Business Travel Account JAPA
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Global Product Management Team in GCS JAPA organisation for an Assistant Product Manager overseeing the Business Travel Account product.
BTA is a non-card solution available in 28+ countries, specifically designed for air, rail, hotel, service fees and other travel expenses purchased through Travel Management Companies (TMC’s). We have a unique opportunity to further cement our market-leading position in business travel payments by leveraging commercial capabilities like Virtual Payments to deliver greater value and efficiencies for corporate clients.
As the Assistant Product Manager for JAPA, you will be responsible for managing the Business Travel Account product on a day-to-day basis, whilst supporting the execution of strategies to continue to grow and protect BTA volumes across the region.
- Manage day-to-day product management of the Business Travel Account, including technical, operational and compliance issues / queries.
- Collaborate across the organisation to launch new BTA Product features as per Global BTA Roadmap
- Work with customers, key stakeholders, and partners to contribute to the BTA Global product vision, retention strategy and roadmap.
- Collect and maintain customer and market intelligence, including customer & partner needs, market trends and competitive landscape information (virtual payments and emerging payments space) to inform product strategy.
- Create data-driven business cases to request new features/capabilities with Product Development and Centre of Excellence counterparts
- Manage Legal and Compliance reviews and approval processes for product updates / audits
- Partner with Sales teams (Acquisition & Account Development) to drive awareness and usage of BTA
- Liaise with marketing teams to manage the on-going customer communication and ad-hoc campaigns
- Own the maintenance and delivery of product collateral for customers, TMC’s and Sales Teams.
- Maintain effective partnership and communication channels with external servicing teams
- Work in alignment with the Implementation team to address product challenges and optimise engagements.
- In partnership with the BTA Product Manager monitor product margin and work to limit BTA customer attrition.
To be considered for this position you would need to have:
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required; business, marketing or product management.
Prior experience working within product management, product development or marketing required.
Strategic, customer-centric, and data-driven thinker with a demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and deliver insights to improve product experience
Good interpersonal skills: effective communication (written and oral) and strong relationship building capabilities to achieve outcomes.
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and attention to detail.
Understanding of the Travel industry beneficial.
Understanding of Amex products and competitive commercial landscape preferred.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 12:05:11 AM