American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science engineering or related field; advanced degree preferred or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of SQL/PLSQL Database development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Experience with design and development across one or more database management systems (Db2, Oracle, SQL Server, Redis)
- Understanding of NOSQL design and development with variety of data stores, preferably Couchbase/Mongo
- Ability to write test cases for DB2 or other SQL databases
- Validate the developed procedures and identify performance defects
- Ability to create and configure databases
- Perform tuning on long running queries and optimize SQL or Stored procedures.
- Knowledge on taking DB backup and perform recovery of databases.
- Possess good troubleshooting skills in analyzing database related issues in queries or batch programs
- Understanding and working with indexes and analyze DB snapshots or explain plans.
- Ability to monitor DB system health in terms of CPU/Memory/Network/IO/Filesystem etc.
- Develop Shell scripts to automate redundant activities.
- Open to work in production support environment (weekends or shifts as needed)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 24, 2019, 2:20:49 PM