American Express Careers
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Financial Analysis Manager will play a key role in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Planning and forecasting activities and assist in Finance support to the business Cost management for the International Consumer Services (ICS) Business in India. The successful candidate will actively engage in analyzing business data and performance to enhance profit margins.
• Preparation and analysis of key performance indicators and monthly dashboards
• Drive the variance analysis of financials and key indicators and ensure major variances are researched and accounted for prior to monthly senior management business unit reviews
• Support Product level profitability analysis & expense tracking for key variable margin elements like Card Member Services & Membership Rewards.
• Responsible for tracking and providing insights for Opex control.
Critical Factors to Success:
• The incumbent should be a Chartered Accountant/ Regular MBA/ Economics PG from Premier Institute with Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience
• Should have strong business acumen, problem solving and analytical skills to facilitate and focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
• Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact independently with senior business partners / customers etc.
• Proficiency in Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in SQL & SAS. Additional working knowledge of Hive & Python would be preferred
• Workable experience in Tableau for visualization Platforms
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
The incumbent should be a Chartered Accountant/ Regular MBA/ Economics PG from Premier Institute with Minimum 2 years of post-qualification experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 12:57:54 AM