American Express Careers
Senior Manager-New Business Development, Global Network Services, North America
Global Network Services is the division of Global Merchant & Network Services within American Express responsible for exponentially growing the cards and payments business of American Express through partnerships with premier banks, financial institutions and co-brand partners worldwide.
North America is a key strategic area for the business. At the center of this is accelerating growth through developing new strong partnerships, innovative business agreements, ensuring the launch of market leading products, customer experiences and digital capabilities backed by outstanding marketing and portfolio management.
This position will support acquiring new business onto the network through new bank partnerships in the US and Canada with a very strong focus on expanding the co-brand portfolio. This role will help create the strategy, positioning, materials, etc. for senior level interactions with major financial institutions, merchants and co-brand partners across all sectors including travel, retail, auto and technology. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of payments, issuing, sales and negotiation and relationship building, commercial acumen and the ability to create a compelling sales pitch and cohesive proposition in a highly competitive market.
The Senior Manager of New Business Partnerships for North America will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the sales, partnership and new business strategy for GNS North America.
- Contributing to strategy development through pricing, product line, digital capabilities, card marketing and use of analytics, fraud and other Amex digital capabilities to demonstrate real partner value.
- Creating/ developing Issuer relationships
- Keeping the business informed on competitor activities and positioning
- Using financial acumen to develop new and creative deal constructs that meet partner needs, beat the competition, and drive growth. Partner closely with GNS Pricing and Finance.
- Identifying best practices and optimizing sales process.
- Partnering with cross-functional groups across American Express including Merchant Services, Consumer Services, Marketing, Enterprise Digital, Risk, Fraud and Data Analytics to win for the enterprise.
- Network experience
- Cobrand experience highly preferred
- Business development/sales and negotiation experience
- Understanding of consumer card issuing is highly desired
- Strong financial acumen to generate and evaluate deal structures
- Track record as a strong performer who can inspire and develop relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and drive results
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to influence and persuade through knowledge and impact
- Ability to develop, plan and perform day to day management of multiple projects and management updates
- Ability to support all aspects of deal negotiation
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 13, 2019, 3:35:39 PM