American Express Careers
Manager – Marketing and Business Development
• Build Loyalty strategy around Early engagement, Activation, Spend Stimulation, Share of Wallet to drive Billings with an intent of sharing AXP market share
• The incumbent will also have the opportunity to contribute thought leadership on their marketing plans and identify opportunities that will drive aggressive growth in the market(s).
• Establish American Express as a Preferred Network
• Work with the Bank Partner on the development and delivery of marketing activities from segmentation, research, brand development, advertising, PR, new product development, channel expansion, distribution, loyalty, activation, rewards and network / merchant marketing.
• Create a Value Centric proposition for partner banks keeping fierce competition in perspective from other networks
• Work on New Product Development to grow the AXP footprint outside credit cards and enhance AXP differentiation
• Analyze the partner’s portfolio performance across Billings, AR, Spend Campaigns, ECIF and provide them strategic inputs to drive/launch various initiatives
• Launch/Set Up effective communication channels in partnership with issuers for customers to keep them engaged and drive spend stimulation
• Support partner budget optimisation by leveraging best practice to ensure NCA and Billed Business targets are met.
• Develop new avenues for Acquisitions and setup/strengthen branch banking channels to drive card acquisitions
• Track and influence refinement of planned activity to ensure delivery against forecast.
• Acquisition Planning and Execution Work with Bank Partners to develop a robust acquisition plan and successfully optimise and broaden the acquisition/distribution channel mix.
• Partner Management Develop strong relationships with partners to influence marketing plans and ensure flawless execution of key plans and strategies.
• Work with Account Managers to ensure American Express achieves all stated growth and market share goals with the overall aim of being the preferred network of choice to enhance market share.
• Fully utilise all internal partners (from line management to agencies and central organsiations) to bring together best practice and expertise across key initiatives.
• Develop and execute the cards acquisition strategy across Issuers in the Area markets
• Lead the Commercial Product Strategy Plan in Area markets and diversify the billed business portfolio
• Work closely with our Bank partners to launch campaigns for sales channels to aggressively grow the NCA faster than the market
• Activate, develop and expand Acquisition channels of the Issuers
• Train the Issuer sales teams & managers on sales and sales management
• Expanding acceptance levels in the Area markets to realize the vision of “Say Yes to American Express” – growing acceptance into new and untapped categories
• Supporting the diversification and transformation of the acquiring landscape – addressing and building acceptance opportunities and solutions with new enablers and execute acceptance investment strategy in Area markets
• Management Graduate with 5 to 7 years Of relevant experience
• Act as an Entrepreneurial business manager handling relationship at Management Committee level demonstrating leadership
• Understanding of Customer Life Cycle. Deep knowledge of credit card consumer marketing across brand marketing, product development, customer acquisition, rewards or loyalty.
• Possess understanding of other card schemes (Visa/Master Card/CUP/JCB) and their penetration level in bank partners which allow us to create a value centric model vis-à-vis other networks
• Understanding of Payment Industry spanning across Issuing and Acquiring
• Ability To Work with cross functional teams
• Ability to inspire, influence and work with partners.
• Analytical Skills
• Driving Results: proven record of driving results
• Flexibility and change management: an ability to embrace and drive change essential
• Ability to manage and drive multiple projects
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 1:15:18 AM