American Express Careers
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Certification Services (GCS) is part of the Service Experience organization within the American Express Global Network Business. GCS's core focus is on host and Point Of Sale network set up, certification & deployment processes for all Network participants (merchants, processors, network issuers & acquirers) ensuring participants are able to transact successfully with the American Express Network. In addition, GCS supports internal initiatives, new products and capabilities that impact or need to be added to the certification processes such as EMV, SafeKey and ExpressPay. GCS operates and functions as a global organization with teams in Phoenix, Brighton, Sydney, India, Japan and Singapore.
This role is defined within the Payments Industry space and involves working with customers of American Express
Test Tool Support:
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers for certification test tools Amex test system (ATS) and Network test simulator (NTS).
- Manage relationship between AMEX and test tool vendors.
- Work closely with a variety of internal IT, Business & Servicing teams to resolve issues related to ATS and NTS.
- Be flexible to provide the, on call support to certification teams/payment consultants/partner operation managers in different time zones.
- Ability to manage the situation for escalated and high visibility issues.
- An excellent responsible team player who has mind set to drive the results by coordinating with different stakeholders.
- Leverage existing proprietary tools to certify participants (merchants, processors, network issuers, acquirers) & help onboard them; this will be accomplished by combining payments domain expertise, testing skills, knowledge of Amex requirements for POS devices, Amex payment specifications/standards
- Follow test/certification engagement process, self vs. attended testing framework, reporting & exception process
- Develop test scripts from scratch for new products & functionalities rolled out by Amex
- Use internal IT systems/tools to enable participants to send/receive financial information to/from Amex (e.g. Submissions/Settlement file)
- Work closely with a variety of internal IT, Business & Servicing teams to onboard a new partner or enable a new functionality for an existing partner
- Use knowledge of Amex's payment products, platforms & standards and advise internal/external customers on certification process
- Build relationships and act as the liaison between our external Business Partners and various American Express technology groups, supporting the installation of network connectivity and implementation of authorization and submission solutions
- Develop/Modify process flows, test templates
- Exception Management, Escalation, CRM updates
- BE, MCA (or B.Sc. Computer or IT) with strong academic background i.e. 70% + academic scores
- Knowledge of payments industry/process including but not limited to EMV, Contactless, POS products etc.
- Preferable to have knowledge on one or more of the Amex specifications such as GCAG/GEDC, GFSG plus standards like AS2805, ISO8583, PCI DSS
- Preferable to have knowledge of payment products - ACI Payment Testing (ASSET), Postilion, Base24
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple high profile projects simultaneously in a fast paced multi-time zoned environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with external business partners and various internal cross teams at both a technical and business level
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Awareness on cryptography would be a plus
- Awareness on payment switch would be a bonus
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools like MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, etc
- Ability to leverage operational tools like MS Share Point, Salesforce.com
- Overall work experience of 2 – 6 years
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 4:04:45 AM