American Express Careers
Director - Training Delivery
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Purpose of the Role:
This position is responsible for new employee on-boarding performance, delivery of tenured training, and learning engagement for GSG processes supported in India Market as well as identified global sites as per requirement. The position will also interface with Learning colleagues and site business function leaders and teams
• This exciting Leadership position is in the GSS - GSLN team in Gurgaon. At American Express, service has been at the core of our company for more than 164 years. In taking care of our customers, we view each contact not as a transaction, but as an opportunity to deepen the overall relationship by applying the 3 core principles of “Customer First” – Keep things easy and simple, own and solve the customer’s issues, value and recognize the customer
• Responsible for leading a team of Learning professionals, the incumbent will be accountable for building and leveraging relationships to deliver on the learning for Global Servicing Network market remit. This position is part of a global Learning network and, as such, will be engaged in global projects, sharing and implementing best practices, working towards a global and consistent approach to learning and driving continuous improvement in the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of training.
• The successful candidate will own the delivery of a variety of dynamic learning initiatives within the market across all business processes assigned to ensure our employees have the required skills and knowledge to meet desired business outcomes, powering customer engagement, improving collections effectiveness and driving business results at the right margin.
• Elevate new hire speed to proficiency, retention and productivity
• Working with the Chrysallis core team to stay current with learning trends to drive innovation and evolution of our learning, elevating learning relevance, effectiveness, and efficiency
• Working with the team to leverage CFR, VOCM and business input to address gaps and opportunities and incorporate into apprentice and tenured curricula as appropriate
• Monitor post-training performance in order to continually elevate the Learning design, deployment and address apprentice and tenured speed to proficiency, retention, and productivity
• Coach and develop team members into Learning professionals, driving enhanced employee engagement and outcomes
• Manage business partner relationships, all Line of Business stakeholders in the region and facilitate sharing of learning metrics, results and strategies
Critical Factors to Success:
• Exceptional people leader with proven experience developing, managing and motivating team members; experience leading remotely across multiple locations is preferred
• Deliver world class servicing experiences for our customers that are aligned to the “Customer First” principle of - Easy, Resolve and Recognize. Achieve specific customer outcomes on defined End to End customer journeys around speed, accuracy and servicing experience.
• Proven ability to build and leverage relationships at all levels
• Must be self-motivated and have a strong passion for learning
• Clear, confident, influential leadership/communication style that welcomes debate but ultimately drives consensus – highly collaborative
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Passion for Growth Mindset, challenging status quo and must be extremely flexible & adaptable
• Strong ability to effectively navigate through a global, matrix environment
• Highly effective at decision making, workload prioritization and project management
• Highly effective at problem analysis and resolution
• Ability to act as change agent and proven experience in driving implementation of strategies and solutions to accelerate continued evolution of Global Servicing Learning Network to a world-class learning organization
12+ years of business experience
• University graduate or equivalent combination of education
• Prior professional experience in learning delivery or design, including understanding of adult learning principles, using best practices in learning approaches and learning technologies to drive performance, is strongly preferred
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of the customers, partners, colleagues and shareholders
• Lead with an external perspective, challenging status quo and bring continuous innovation to our servicing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest level of integrity
• Lead with a Growth and increasingly relevant Digital mindset to drive customer centric outcomes that help deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 14, 2019, 1:06:49 AM