American Express Careers
Full Stack Java Engineer
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, creative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we craft a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re passionate about a career building breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of chances to define your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Finding opportunities for embracing new technologies
- Building solutions which will reach millions of card members
- Implementing high performance platforms which will scale with demand
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other related discipline
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret and objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Ability to be productive in a Full-Stack manner
- Hands-on experience in automation, recovery, monitoring or networking.
At the core of our team
We believe every member of our team should be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Requirements Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
You will be striving to be the best and helping others be their best.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2019, 7:45:58 PM