American Express Careers
Senior Analyst, Global Collections Oversight & Monitoring (Internal Auditor)
- Perform and conduct audits testing on external Collections Agencies following the risk based methodology standards and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk.
- Conduct site and remote audits of external Collections Agencies to review execution against agreed standards (SLA) and compliance requirement for markets in JAPA as per the Global Audit Plan.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate previous reports, data and flow charts etc.
- Determine scope of review with Audit Manager.
- Perform annual risk assessments on the external Collections Agencies.
- Understanding of end to end Collections Processes including Operations and Performance Management for all of JAPA markets compliance requirements & regulations with regards to debt collections.
- Conduct Call Listening in the audit process to ensure that calls are compliant with Amex policies as well as local regulatory requirements.
- Acts as an objective source of independent advice on action plans with external Collection Agencies to address any operational or strategic deficiencies and drive improvement and solutions in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process as well as audit findings memorandum.
- Keep up to date at all times with changes in market regulations and ensure compliance against these regulations.
- Foster close relationship with Global Collections (Performance) and partner with them to ensure that all action plans are closely monitored and worked upon on time and all action items closed out on a timely manner.
- Coordinate activities and projects between teams sited at different locations to ensure efficient and successful running & execution of collections strategies in line with compliance requirements.
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services.
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Minimum preferably with tertiary education with audit and accounting background.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English language. Additional language (Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese) will be an advantage.
- Ability to deliver on highest quality standards.
- Strong time management, analytical skills and sound independent judgement.
- Ability to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong relationship management and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated competency in driving results.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of American Express systems and processes.
- Knowledge of and keeping abreast of local market regulatory, legislative & compliance requirements of the collections industry.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Risk & Collection operations would be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of risk base audit methodology techniques.
- Advocate for change management.
- At a minimum, intermediary capability across standard Microsoft office platforms.
- Relationship building with agency partners to foster a collaborative environment which encourages early identification and resolution of unacceptable risk.
- Ability to assess issues identified during audits and ensure appropriate internal controls in place to monitor processes (systems).
- Review detailed audit work to ensure the scope, conclusions and recommendations are appropriate.
- Ability to travel and work shift when required
- Language required: English, additional language will be an added advantage (Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese – written and spoken)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2019, 2:08:12 PM