American Express Careers
Senior Strategic Program Manager, Platform Strategy
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
- Reimagining solution delivery with next generation product management, lean and Agile practices, and on-demand development;
- Driving a sustainable platform strategy that adapts to growth and industry trends;
- Building global, composable, and real time platforms to power our digital lives while -
- Develop leading progress and health indicators, working with senior product and engineering leaders as needed to:
- Understand and perform analysis of key moments in multiple core and dependent streams of work, creating a synthesized view that reveals tipping points and highlights our critical path and delivery MVP
- Develop and refine metrics that align with strategic objectives, conducting interviews and facilitating workshops around selection criteria as needed, and implementing a sustainable, lightweight collection cadence and mechanism
- Conduct deep dives on risks, drawing connections to identify root causes, unanticipated impacts, and partner with teams to manage them effectively
- Apply technical acumen coupled with an enterprise perspective to understand underlying architectural frameworks and implications, and assess and create insights around known milestones, dependencies, and risks
- Challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively, and develop informed recommendations by using your toolbox of techniques such as OKRs, workshop facilitation, lean and systems thinking, and process mapping.
- Lead and plan meetings intentionally, anticipating audience perspectives and setting the right lead-up, goals, and agenda.
- Utilize your working knowledge and experience in Agile principles to seamlessly integrate into existing operational models, creating “just enough” process as needed to achieve objectives
- Create high quality deliverables and artifacts, including presentations and written communications for executive consumption
- Maintain a clear and well-organized self-service documentation portal for teams and stakeholders
- Serve as liaison and central point of communication to other departments and stakeholders, providing crisp and timely visibility into our initiative
- Stay abreast of product and business innovation, operational best practices, and emerging technologies as they pertain to Fintech and Amex
- Help build an awesome culture across Enterprise Platforms by participating in team building and colleague engagement activities
- Strategic program management background with a high degree of exposure to senior leaders, previous management consulting experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills – Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, can get into the details effectively with engineers and architects
- Solid experience leading complex, iterative, large-scale, cross-functional technology initiatives utilizing SAFe or Agile methodologies
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand your audience and build presentations to structure your message and effectively inform and persuade, especially in PowerPoint
- Resourceful self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity and connect the dots
- Creative problem-solver with excellent analytical and data management skills
- Natural leader who can influence without authority at multiple levels across technology, product, and business functions
- Effective relationship-builder with strong consultative and collaborative skills to partner with key stakeholders across the organization
- Working knowledge of Agile workflow management tools, JIRA and Rally preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2019, 3:16:01 PM