Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The American Express digital experience team is part of one of the world’s largest proprietary testing ecosystems, powering the continuous integration of 239 Technology Platforms around the globe. We are looking for a passionate, creative, and experienced Engineering leader for the Director, Digital Experience role.
- Drive innovation and manage software development teams within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Focus on building platforms and reusable components.
In this role, you will drive the vision, technology design, development, and roll-out for digital tools, ensuring that it meets the evolving needs of the enterprise, problem solving in a fast-moving environment and helping transform the software delivery model for American Express.
The Digital Product & Engineering organization is part of the American Express Global Services Group Technology unit. As a newly formed organization, our primary mandate is to re-imagine how the enterprise performs integration testing within our overall Scaled Agile construct. Our Vision is to make this new way of integration testing an essential part of the lives of our Engineers, Product Owners, Business Partners and customers alike and in so doing, affect a step level change in our strategic agility, speed to market, and delivery effectiveness.
- 5+ years of experience managing Agile Software Engineering Teams designing and building software products in a fast paced, complex and dynamic product development environment.
- 10 + Years of extensive hands-on experience building and managing the development of complex, large scale enterprise applications, and products that require a deep understanding of application logic and dependencies.
- Prior experience building out platforms or capabilities in a product development.
- Knowledge CI/CD, system testing, test automation.
- Experience in Infrastructure, application monitoring, platform stabilization and Investment performance a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 20, 2019, 7:34:33 AM