American Express Careers
Information Security Specialist
- Conduct independent risk assessment of the information security and information technology programs and provide effective challenge to the design and execution of technical and procedural controls.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise in the areas of threat intelligence, production and integration into security operations, threat and vulnerability management and other technical domains as required.
- Provide periodic updates, reports, and recommendations regarding best practice information security and information technology controls, risk assessment and risk remediation strategies
- Actively evaluate and monitor information security and information technology controls.
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and benchmark and coordinate risk-based investigations of controls.
- Conduct industry benchmarking, regulatory requirement gathering and peer-based analysis of available controls, risk assessment methodologies and risk mitigation practices to assess for coverage gaps.
- Support the development of information security and information technology metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee program level risks.
- Minimum three years of operational experience in one of the following technical domains: Incident management and response, security incident & event management, threat intelligence, .
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the cyber threat intelligence lifecycle, security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc..
- Risk assessment experience is preferred, particularly in a financial services or highly regulated environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field (or equivalent work experience). Advanced degree preferred.
- Technical certification is preferred (e.g. GCIH, GCFE, CISSP etc.)
- Working knowledge of framework standards for IS & IT (OWASP, NIST, MITRE, etc.) preferred
- Strong attention to detail
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2019, 5:50:47 PM