American Express Careers
Programmer Analyst - Big Data(Spark, Scala, Hive)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This exciting position is in the Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) team in Gurgaon. While we are making evolutionary enhancements in our marketing process by leveraging machine learning algorithms, we are looking for a candidate that can push the modeling capabilities in the realm of big data.
Enterprise Customer Engagement Platforms is a critical pillar to the success of American Express – increasing the depth of relationship with our current customers through relevant and rich offers/ benefits is a source of organic growth that contributes to American Express’ leading position in the marketplace.
Purpose of the Role:
As part of the Enterprise Intelligence team, this person will be closely working with the EDA, GCP, Risk and AET partners to drive platform adoption and onboard use-cases.
1) Enhancing the platform with new features and to meet the modelling and analytical needs of the user group.
2) Partnering with technologies team to deliver on the roadmap.
4) Collaborating with modeling teams across geographies to identify opportunities to enhance & build big data capabilities for enabling new business strategies and fully leveraging our closed loop.
5) Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with all levels.
6) Good knowledge of external analytical solutions and machine learning algorithms with an acumen to design capabilities architectures and platforms
7) Demonstrate high degree of independence, able to propose innovative ideas and solutions to complex problems and help trouble shoot issues
Good Exposure to Machine learning Alogorithm, Python & Hive
Great Communication and partner expectation management
Strong knowledge of Big data enterprise architecture & integration with good exposure of data mining/analytical tools
2-3 years’ experience in working on Big data capabilities & good exposure to machine learning
An advanced degree in IT or Computer Science. (MCA/ M-Tech / B-Tech)
Good Knowledge on machine learning algorithms
Ability to translate business needs into innovative technical and process solutions, with a proven ability to deliver global platforms that deliver a sustained competitive advantage
Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win with the ability to work across cross-functional teams (Analytics, technologies, risk, operations etc.)
Hands on experience and knowledge of big data tools will be a plus(Python, Map-reduce, Hive etc)
Knowledge of Platforms:
Experience of Amex data, processes & systems is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2019, 7:08:33 AM