Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business-critical capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Provides support for major enterprise applications within the organization. Contributes in the investigation and resolution of incidents and problems in systems and services. Contributes with problem identification, escalation and the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Contributes with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Works closely with development teams to ensure that quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation and contributes to Post-Implementation Reviews.
- Participates with the product engineering and delivery & integration teams via Retrospectives/Post-Implementation Reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation
- Contributes to continuous service improvement by maintaining best practices and knowledge repositories
- Reviews root cause analysis and resolution of problems
- Participates in the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures
- Participates in Disaster Recovery Testing
- Participates in discussions between the Business Unit CIO and Infrastructure teams
- General Knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms and relational databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field strongly desired.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Able to understand of Agile practices.
- Able to understand and leverage data structures and associated component
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues’ work
- Has understanding of the core tools used in business and data analysis
- Incident and Problem management
- Understanding of Service Level Management
- Able to demonstrate analytical thinking and adaptive communication
- Able to demonstrate problem solving
- Understanding of the core components of application support
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2019, 2:32:49 PM