American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - OBIA / ODI (Oracle Business Intelligence) - Digital Workplace
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
HR and Corporate Affairs & Communications (CAC) technology team is looking for an Engineer who will be responsible for owning and driving delivery of Analytics & Reporting team. This is the key opportunity for any individual who can design, develop, solve problems, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy, and document software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
• Perform technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
• Function as a leader on an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
• Lead code reviews and automated testing
• Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
• Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
• Empower teams to automate deployments in test or production environments
• Empower teams to automatically scale applications based on demand projections
• Takes accountability for the success of the team achieving their goals
• Drives the team’s strategy and prioritizes initiatives
• Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
• Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results
Qualifications6+ years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
Any combination of skills regarding OBIA (Oracle Biz Intelligence Applications) or ODI (Oracle Data Integrator) & Data Warehouse concepts is essential
Prior experience of Oracle Analytics Cloud or OBIA for Human Resources will be a plus
Prior experience of working for Human Resources will be a plus.
Proven experience leading teams of engineers
Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jun 21, 2019, 7:38:49 PM