American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, GNS Pricing Strategy
In the U.S. and ~90 other markets around the world, Global Network Services (GNS) licenses bank partners to issue American Express-branded cards and acquire merchants on the American Express network in order to grow billed business, expand coverage, and gain scale. The business construct and commercial terms of these partnerships are individually negotiated on a confidential and bilateral basis, and are directly dependent on local market conditions and American Express’s strategic vision.
This Manager/Sr. Manager position will support the research, development, and execution of winning pricing strategies as it relates to GNS partnership business models across international markets in order to drive:
New partnerships and contract renewals
Greater revenue and profit yield per partner
Growth in partner share, market share, and merchant coverage
This individual will partner closely with local business development, finance, and marketing teams to identify growth opportunities, synthesize internal and external insights, and provide tailored strategic support for deal negotiations across the globe.
Key responsibilities will include:
Driving Business Results:
· Leverage internal and external resources to gather competitive intelligence and market research across the payment ecosystem in priority markets (including issuers, networks, acquirers, merchants and disruptors).
· Analyze historical price/performance relationships, determine drivers of positive or negative outliers, and identify best practices that can be leveraged across partners, markets, and regions.
· Synthesize internal and external insights to provide critical strategic support for new partner negotiations and contract renewals, including the optimization of partner pricing terms under local market conditions.
· Develop and maintain scenario-based issuing and acquiring models to provide agile, data-driven deal support to business development partners.
· Support the continuous development of guiding principles for GNS pricing strategy – enabling greater consistency, scalability, and operational excellence.
· Develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and decision makers across multiple international teams, including business development, marketing, finance, and controllership.
· Cultivate a passionate, results-driven team culture – focused on continuously learning and delivering valuable insights to GNS leadership and the broader Blue Box
· Ability to uncover and synthesize information from a variety of sources to yield strategic insights that tell a story; must be able to make and justify reasonable assumptions where data is limited or unavailable.
· Strong analytical skills; must be well versed in excel and able to create flexible models that leverage multiple quantitative and qualitative inputs.
· Experienced working in a consultative capacity; must be comfortable working with multiple internal stakeholders on a host of complex negotiations, managing timelines and deliverables from beginning to end.
· Excellent communication skills; must be able to educate and influence through clear and concise presentations that translate complex insights into actionable takeaways.
· Must operate with a high degree of structure and organization (critical when working across multiple engagements, teams, partners, and markets).
· Familiarity with the payments ecosystem, including market landscape, competitive dynamics, pricing practices, consumer trends, etc.
· International work experience a plus; must be able to think beyond U.S. borders and quickly become an expert in the local dynamics of international markets.
· 3-5 years’ experience in consulting, banking, or the payments industry preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2019, 6:43:12 PM