American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager - User Experience Design and Product Development
- Design robust frameworks to enable a holistic customer experience as related to product interactions
- Understand product lifecycles and identify key areas of opportunity to drive consistent and digital self-serve touchpoints within product designs
- Develop end-to-end process flows of the customer journey, recognizing synergies of experiences across new and existing product lines
- Work closely with Global Product Management and stakeholders including Compliance, Legal, Brand, Servicing/Operations in the establishment and ongoing evolution of new product visions and roadmap for the business
- Conduct product/capability feedback loops across multiple sources to gain visibility, context, and clarity of new product/feature opportunities and translate this into product & partner roadmaps
- Ensure effective translation of new product user journeys into robust development planning and prioritization with corresponding platform owners
- Lead large, cross-functional teams to implement new processes and procedures across the organization
- Create and deliver executive level communications, updates, and reporting to key stakeholders and Partners
- Minimum of 5+ years working with digital products with a focus on product design and customer experience
- Strong experience in product end-to-end strategy, design, and project management
- Track record in end-to-end digital product development including persona and wireframe development, customer validation, and product delivery
- Business process background and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to think through all aspects of a user experience and generate possible courses of action
- Relevant experience in driving change within a large, complex global organization and cultivating cross-functional relationships
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, support multiple workstreams at once, and manage through ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences
- Experience championing a strong customer excellence culture
- Experience with design softwares such as Visio, OmniGraffle, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 15, 2019, 10:37:24 AM