Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision. Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join the team.
You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company. American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation.
The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
We need a bright and collaborative Senior Engineer to deliver our automation platform.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Develop a software solution
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Ability to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures and distributed systems
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
Are you up for the challenge?
- 7+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Deep understanding of SOA, Micro-Services
- Deep understanding of auto-scaling and containerized environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 10, 2019, 12:16:01 PM