Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a great opportunity to join the Enterprise Big Data & Customer Engagement Technology (EDCE) organization within American Express Technologies. This organization is agile, innovative, highly skilled, harnessing the power of Big Data in shaping technology roadmaps and revolutionizing product offerings and capabilities and provide support across all line of business (LOBs).
We are looking for energetic, high-performing, and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. This role will be part of the Merchant Data Capability team within the EDCE organization. The Merchant Data team is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team with a key focus on providing the highest quality merchant data across the enterprise by leveraging the best technology and data sources and maximizing process efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is experienced in delivering and driving automation strategy - driving quality work through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data ; aligning and strategizing with architects and project teams on testing infrastructure and processes ; skilled in Continuous Deployment (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) capabilities. Experienced in the Big Data environment is preferred and knowledge of American Express merchant data details and processing is required.
- Delivers and drives automation and test strategies.
- Focus on optimization and virtualization including developing strategy for automation and testing processes, tools and methodologies at the portfolio or for large/complex products
- Accountable for all testing activities aligned to the portfolio
- Typically align to senior technology management and partners with leaders to drive continuous improvements in operational quality and performance
- Works with development resources to drive improvements in overall quality, automation and testing processes and techniques
- Responsible for crafting portfolio solutions for Automation and Testing, working to existing standards or driving new ones
- Drive innovation and lead product development needs within a dynamic, agile environment
- Assist in the recruitment of IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization
- Engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps
- Collaborate with a wide variety to partners within business and technology teams to inspire change required to execute product roadmaps
- Assist in recruitment for Quality Engineers
- Drive and deploy the CD/CI capabilities for the portfolio
- Quality metrics to be gathered, collated and reported to management. Identify patterns and opportunities from the metrics to drive innovation and improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and confirmed ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Proven experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration technologies.
- Experience with Agile, Agile at scale (SAFe), other rapid application development Engineering & Architecture , and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms
- Specific knowledge and experience with:
- Big Data platform, tools and environment
- Merchant data details and processing
- Implementation of integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools
- Experience with Dev Ops automated testing tools such as Sonarqube,Jenkins, JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI, etc.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2019, 5:06:14 PM