American Express Careers
This position will lead Commercial Credit Risk Management for GCS Japan – a large, fast growing, and highly visible market critical to the success of GCS International. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Own full accountability of end to end credit risk management for commercial businesses
• Own risk outcomes and credit metrics
• Develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses in the business and communicate them effectively to business leaders
• Focus on continuous improvement of credit risk management capabilities. Optimize integration and usage of capabilities and data such as consumer and commercial credit bureaus and financial statements. Continually explore and test new data sources.
• Ensure Risk Management capabilities are aligned with business strategy and strategic growth initiatives, including launch of new business practices, products and services
• Monitor economic performance across all risk decisions and partner with the Centers of Excellence to identify improvement opportunities.
• Develop / Deploy capabilities that enhance profitable growth in partnership with Central teams
• Ensure complete understanding of and adherence to local laws & regulations
• Have deep understanding of evolving regulatory environment with direct and indirect impact on the business and risk management.
• Have deep understanding of macro-economic and business environment with direct and indirect impact on business and risk management.• Focus on talent development and team culture. Create a cohesive team in which all employees have well-defined roles with clear scope and distinct responsibilities
Relationship building / Communication skills:
• Proven experience or ability to build relationships with external and internal partners, compliance, technology, legal, credit operations and risk management colleagues to be able to lead through influence
• Ability to influence outcomes/funding/focus/strategy for a business
Leadership/Organizational Awareness & Effectiveness:
• Proven ability to think and act at an enterprise level
• Proven ability to effectively lead and develop team of diverse backgrounds
• Proven ability to navigate and collaborate across different teams and organizations to get things done with a high sense of urgency
• Proven ability to assess internal/external factors and link together to develop appropriate business and risk management strategies and actions
• Proven ability to make quick but informed decisions without compromising quality
• Have a working understanding of all Amex risk systems (A/R, CAS, Credit Bureau Reporting, WCC, GNA, BDP, Cornerstone, @Work and etc.) to do account analysis and observe trends to identify areas of weakness, and direct credit action strategy.
• A breadth and depth of content knowledge about product and risk processes and capabilities.
• Understands fully the economics of the business, how the business makes money, Net Loss Provision and the levers that can be used to affect the economic outcomes.
• 5+ years’ in an analytical role with people leadership experience
• Work experience with SAS/SQL
• Experience in using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement and AP/AR files in credit assessment
• Experience/Familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study preferred• Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2019, 10:04:47 PM